Monday, June 25, 2012

Roll Call~Rebekah M


We want you to have a face with our ministry. We are real military wives that love ministering to each other! 


Meet Rebekah! Couple things I love about Rebekah. She is always smiling and is always positive. I really mean this! She has a way of turning everything into a positive and is so very encouraging! I hope you enjoy our little interview! :-)

One Hope: What time do you wake up in the morning? What is the first thing you do?
Rebekah: I usually wake up whenever my husband's alarm goes off or the puppies start wining... whichever comes first. Usually this is anywhere from 6:30 to 8:30am

One Hope: How long have you been a military wife? How did you and your hubby meet? 
Rebekah: I've been a military wife for two years now. Stephen commissioned in December 2009 and we got married in April 2010. We first met our Sophomore year in college through a mutual friend. I attended Berry College in Rome, Ga and Stephen attended Georgia Tech in Atlanta, Ga. His best friend from high school invited him to Berry for my birthday party in September of 2006, and we became good friends. He soon after decided to pursue me but it took me a few months to get a clue and realize what an amazing guy he was and to finally go out with him. We soon began our official relationship in May of 2007 and got engaged on Valentines Day of 2009 
OH: So sweet. Love hearing how God weaved your stories.

OH: What are some of the joys you experience relating to military life?
Rebekah: I think my top joys of being a military spouse are an increased pride and respect for my husband, a deeper relationship with the Lord through the new trials in the military, and the wonderful friendships I've made as a result of our time in the military so far. As hard as it seems sometimes, I wouldn't trade how the Lord has strengthened my relationship with Him, my husband, and others through our experience in the military.

OH: Do you have a favorite Bible verse that helps you on a tough day?
Rebekah: I have two:
“Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.” James 1:2-5

“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?... No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord!” Romans 8:35 & 37-39
OH: Romans 8:37-39 has always been a favorite of mine too!

OH: Do you have a goal you are working towards over the next year? 
Rebekah: The main goal I am working towards is deepening my relationship and trust in the Lord in order to prepare for my husband's deployments. Sometimes I struggle to know what my purpose is as a military spouse, but I've been praying for the Lord's guidance as to what my purpose is here in Omaha alongside my husband's career. I've also been reading through the Bible chronologically this year and I'm already learning so much more than I already knew, praise Jesus!


OH:What is your favorite guilty pleasure? (c'mon everyone has one) 
Rebekah: I have to admit that I like to snack at night, even after dinner. I know it's not healthy but sometimes I just get that sweet tooth for milk and cookies or popcorn. :-)


OH: What does your ideal Saturday look like?
Rebekah: My ideal Saturday would consist of waking up late with my husband (around 10:30), cooking a yummy breakfast of eggs, grits and pancakes, and then enjoying time at the park or the lake with the dogs and husband. Afterwards we would come home to take a nap and then wake up an hour later to work on some kind of art project or painting. Then when we got hungry again, we would go out to dinner and a movie with friends. After we got home I'd would sit with my husband in the back yard with a glass of wine and just watch the stars till we got sleepy 
OH: Sounds fun!

OH: How has One Hope impacted you OR How do you hope to impact others through One Hope?
Rebekah: Amanda S. was the first friend I made here in Omaha, and after we went out to lunch together for the first time she invited me to One Hope, and I'm so so thankful that she did. I had a close knit small group in Columbus, MS when my husband was going through pilot training, so I really craved fellowship with military women again. One Hope was a wonderful way for me to get connected to some amazingly grounded women, and the Lord really showed me that He was faithful in providing other military wives in my life to help me adjust and relate to the challenges ahead. I was so thankful to His provision that I prayed for ways to serve Him better here in this community. I was thrilled when Shelby asked me if I wanted to help lead a small group because I deeply wanted to try and give back to the community that so graciously welcomed me to Omaha. I'm so excited to see what the Lord will do in One Hope this year with the small groups 


OH: Thank you so much for sharing Rebekah! You are a blessing to many!


No comments:

Post a Comment