Friday, September 14, 2012

Pillow Talk

I think there is a clear difference between rest and sleep. Almost all military wives that I've talked with have difficulty sleeping when their husband is away. Peaceful sleep comes from God. Psalm 4:8 says, "I will both lie down in peace, and sleep; For You alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety." So when sleep does not come easy, can we rest?
http://www.shutterstock.com/pic.mhtml?id=72237670

 “Arise, cry out in the night, as the watches of the night begin; pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord.” Lamentations 2:19 instructs us to cry out to Him. Have you heard the saying, "Can't sleep? Instead of counting sheep, try talking to the shepherd"?
 How about counting your blessings. Say the ABC's of praising God. A- God, You're Awesome and Abundant with Your love. B- Your Beautiful and Brilliant! And so on.
Can I step out on a limb and say, when you can't sleep, maybe there is a reason. Maybe God has you awake for a purpose. How about praying your way through the alphabet. Each letter representing the first letter of someone you know. A- Lord, I lift up Allison to you.....B- Becky.....C-Carrie....etc...  What a sweet way to fall asleep, praising Him and praying for others!
Psalm 62:5 says, "Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him."
And if fear is keeping you awake..Sisters...So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10) and “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control” (2 Timothy 1:7).

What helps you sleep when your husband is away?

No comments:

Post a Comment